If you want to listen to a kind of music that is a mixture of European and African folk, you might want to go for blues music. This music is played for religious activities, , chanting and spiritual songs. One of the important part of the blues music is its blue notes. It has one line that are repeated three to four times . This music expresses what they are feeling and If they are experiencing any trouble within their society. This music has obtain the normal traits of the instruments, lyrics and bass lines.In 1908, the blues music sheet was publicized. Since then, blues has been evolving from “acapella” or unaccompanied vocal music or singing to collaboration with minimal instruments.
The different kinds of blues
As blues music relieves stress and soothes each person tired body especially when one needs to take a rest from work. One turns to music to get a new life. It definitely calms one soul especially when you are listening to blues music. This music refers to life it is a slow music and usually has mixed instruments associated with it.
Due to improvisation, blues has evolved and blossomed into a more various genre. Some of the kinds of blues are briefly defined below.
• African blues- it is one of the most vague and least understood aspects of the pop music culture.
• Blues rock- The Blues rock is a musical genre combining all blue improvisations. It is mixed with rock styles. The core of the blues rock sound is coming from the electric guitar, piano, bass guitar and drum set. Given that the electric guitar is usually amplified.
• Blues shouter- It is a blues singer. The singer is usually a male. One of the qualifications is to be able to sing acapella or to have the capability of singing even when unamplified with a band.
• British blues- This type of blues music is derived from the American blues. It is developed with an influential and distinctive style. It is also dominated with an electric guitar.
• Canadian blues- Canadian blues is the blues and blues-related music. It is usually performed by blues bands or blues performers in Canada.
• Chicago blues- This type of blues is, of course, originated in Chicago. Chicago blues is one of the types of urban blues.
• Classic female blues- This was one of the early forms of blues music. Female artists often perform it.
• Country blues- It is acoustic. It mixes blues elements with characteristics of folk.
• Delta blues- It is one of the earliest styles of blues music. It originated in the Mississippi Delta.
• Gospel blues- This lyrics is based on the gospel. It is also a combination of blues guitar and evangelistic or holy lyrics.
• Jump blues- It is an up-tempo which features horns.
• Piano blues- The primary instrument of which is the piano.
• Swamp blues- It is known as the excello sound.
• West coast blues- It is influenced by the jazz and jump blues.
So when you are into deep thoughts or just want to be a lone listening to blues music is the right choice. Its lyrics and message has an impact to people listening in some ways. Though it may have differences, but one thing is sure that it makes listeners relate to what the music says. Lyrics and instruments that are associated to this music is a great help to make a soothing sound. It really has unique harmonies blended together. So next time you hear a soothing sound, you never can make any mistake with blues music.